You can remove write protection from your usb flash drive using the below method:
- Open start menu, in the search bar type regedit and press enter. This wil open the registry editor.
- Navigate to the following path: For those that don't have
- Highlight StorageDevicePolicies, and then create a New DWORD (32-bit) Value named as WriteProtect.
- Double click the key WriteProtect in the right window and set the value to 0 in the Value Data Box and press OK button
- Restart your computer and try copying files into your USB drives.
Sometimes this problem is caused by two Windows registry entries that have become corrupted. To fix the problem, you have to use Registry Editor to delete the corrupted registry entries.
However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.