The F8 key method does not work on Windows 8. Hence, getting onto Safe Mode requires the following steps:-
IF YOUR PC IS WORKING PROPERLY
1) On Windows 8 Start Screen, type Advanced. In the search results, click on the Settings category.
2) Click on Advanced startup options.
3) Under the Advanced Startupheading at the bottom of the General Settings screen, click on Restart now.
4) Your computer will restart and you will be taken to the Advanced Startup Options menu. To easily reach this menu, on Windows 8 start screen, you could choose restart while holding the Shift key.
5) Click on Troubleshoot and then on the Advanced Options button.
6) Now, click on Startup Settings.
7) At the Startup Settings Screen, click on Restart.
8) Your computer will restart to Advanced Boot options from where you can choose a Safe mode option based on your need.
You can also force Windows to start in Safe mode.
IF YOUR PC IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY:
Windows 8 monitors your PC's startup for problems and when an error is detected, it automatically takes you to the new Recovery mode with the message "Recovery. It looks like Windows didn't load correctly." In this case:-
1) Select Advanced Repair Options and then click on Troubleshoot.
2) Click on the Advanced Options button.
3) Now click on startup Settings.
4) At the Startup Settings Screen, click on Restart.
5) Your computer will restart to Advance Boot Options from where you can choose a Safe mode option based on your need.